Market and Customer Manager
Market and Customer Relationship Manager
Scandinavian-Mediterranean Rail Freight Corridor
Join an ambitious community of Rail Infrastructure Managers to develop its market footprint and its customer portfolio!
Who are we?
ScanMed RFC stands for Scandinavian-Mediterranean Rail Freight Corridor, one of ten Rail Freight Corridors building up together a Network across Europe for competitive rail freight. “ScanMed” involves seven Infrastructure Managers from Norway (Bane Nor), Sweden (Trafikverket), Denmark (Banedanmark), Germany (DB Netz), Austria (ÖBB Infra) and Italy (RFI), as well as the Øresundsbro Konsortiet (Sweden/Denmark) managing the Øresund Bridge between Malmö and Copenhagen.
ScanMed RFC contributes to the general goal of shifting freight to rail for reducing congestion on road and ultimately CO²-emissions. It aims at being the backbone of a logistic service chain better connecting rail to other modes, such as road and sea transport, and serves the strategic mission of establishing ScanMed RFC as integrator of international rail freight services with the purpose of enabling new traffic.
In this respect, ScanMed RFC has put a focus on addressing End users, i.e. freight forwarders and the Industry, which eventually decide in favor or against rail services.
With creating the position of Market and Customer Relationship Manager, ScanMed RFC intends to strengthen its access to the market and to fulfill its goal of winning new traffic for rail.
- You will be part of a Corridor team of four to five people organized and working mainly as a network spread among the Corridor-countries and you will report to the Managing Director.
- Together with the six national experts (Typical profile: Key Account Manager) appointed by the Infrastructure Managers involved in ScanMed RFC,
- You will be defining the terms of and performing market prospection as well as customer relationships and acquisition for international rail freight, looking for new traffic opportunities
- You will be steering market analysis whenever appropriate
- You will be defining and implementing customer marketing and communication, including if necessary IT-tools
- You will be quantifying a realistic corridor rail market potential
- Together with the above-mentioned experts and with the Corridor team
- You will be initiating and developing a dialogue with customers with the aim of winning new international freight traffic on rail
- You will be assisting customers in their need for support to access rail services
- You will be ensuring the appropriate involvement of partners and other stakeholders of the logistic chain
- You will be representing the Corridor in fairs and customer events together with the Corridor team and/or further national experts whenever appropriate
- You have 3 to 5 year-experience in market prospection and marketing in a European environment, in the transport industry, preferably in logistics
- You have basic knowledge of market analysis/transport modelling methods
- You have knowledge of one or several rail freight markets covered by ScanMed RFC
- You can think at both strategic and analytical level
- You can act in a political environment with different stakeholders and agendas
- You combine self-initiative and team-playing spirit
- You feel comfortable in a creative, multi-cultural, virtually organized working environment
- Your English is excellent in writing and speaking. Any other language spoken on the Corridor will be considered an asset.
- You are flexible for travelling to Scandinavia, Germany, Austria and Italy
- A great opportunity to pave a new path and to set your personal footprint
- An entry point to seven rail infrastructure managers and market-leaders among their customers
- A full-time position until 31st December 2021
Have we triggered your interest? Send us your CV as well as a one-pager summarizing your motivations!
Application deadline: 3rd September 2018
Managing Director ScanMed RFC
Visit our website https://www.scanmedfreight.eu or follow us on LinkedIn!