Do you know?
ScanMed RFC has finalized a study focusing on intermodal costs
With the present study, ScanMed RFC wanted to analyze its position in a competitive context.
Some focus points of the study are:
- Understanding the strength and weaknesses of international rail freight against other transport modes as regards costs on the relevant market area of the Corridor
- Learning about the future development of its product portfolio
- Reaching improved market knowledge for further customer prospection.
- Realizing the analysis applied to rail and road in Italy, Austria, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway
The study explains how several influencing factors can prevent a higher market share for CT or rail while describing the competitive risk for rail freight.
Though this study was mainly focused on the cost-aspect of competitiveness, the final recommendations include factors that have an indirect influence on the choice of transport mode, such as:
- Track access and energy cost
- Rail carriers’ time buffers
- Effectiveness of the employment of resources
- The option of high-quality train paths for rail freight services
The study is publicly available!
If you are curious and want to know more, or would you like to have the study presented to you, please contact: