ERTMS deployment in the southern part of Sweden
Sweden’s railway infrastructure manager, Swedish Transport Administration (Trafikverket) corrected it’s time-frame for the deployment of ERTMS after consultations with the train operators and coordination with other main projects in Sweden and neighboring countries.
The deployment of the new signaling solution in the southern part of Sweden will gradually start in 2023 and is projected to end in 2029. In effect this means that the start date will remain unaffected but the end date has been prolonged, allowing for smoother installation works.
This new time frame will influence the following main railway lines:
- From Stockholm to Hallsberg, via Katrineholm
- From Stockholm to Malmö/continuing to Denmark, via Mjölby
- From Trelleborg to Kornsjö/continuing to Norway, via Gothenburg and Helsingborg
For more information, please see Trafikverket homepage regarding ERTMS:
- Information in Swedish
- Information summarized in English
- Direct-link to document regarding the adjusted time-frame